Making craft beer and opening breweries in Canada is second to hockey. Many Craft beer companies started in kitchens. Brewing beer is arduous and time-consuming. The trick in making a good and robust beer is not to poison yourself and others.
Brewmasters’ are responsible for the entire beer making process, from the ingredients, and controlling the mash in the fermenting process.
There are ten popular craft beers from Canada:
- Propeller IPA, Propeller Brewing Company – smooth, strong caramel flavor.
- Pump House Blueberry Ale, Pump House Brewery – tastes like blueberry juice with hops.
- St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout, McAuslan Brewery – a stout that is sweet and dark.
- La Fin Du Monde, Unibroue – spicy and fruity.
- Party Animal, Beyond the Pale – fruity and sweet.
- Lug Tread, Beau’s Natural Brewing Company – light golden ale.
- Mad Tom IPA, Muskoka Brewery – bitter citrus, grapefruit flavor.
- Rye Pale Ale. Cameron’s Brewing Co. – bitter pale ale, sweet citrus flavor.-
- Red Racer IPA, Central City Brewer – crisp, bitter, piney.
- Electric Unicorn White IPA Phillips Brewing Company – fruit flavor.
Eli Gershkovitch is the owner of a microbrewery with a law degree. Gershkovitch decided to change the course of his law career and took a year off after law school to take up skiing in Grenoble and enrolled in art classes.
Eli Gerskovitch did not know it at the time that he was at the crossroads of his life. He discovered Belgian beer and a microbrewery (https://about.me/eligershkovitch). Fast forward to Eli Gershkovitch’s life, to Steamworks successful microbrewery.
In 1995, Eli Gerskovitch, CEO/founder of his micro brewery at Gastown, British Columbia, discovered that business’s brewery was located in a building with a steam heat system. With experimentation, the only Canadian steam brewery produced test brews, which are refreshing and flavorful.
In 2013, Eli Gerskovitch opened his highly successful brewery and taproom in Burnaby. Steamworks brews Summer Ale, Summer Mash Up, Flagship IPA, Tall Can Mash Up, Pilsner, Jasmine IPA, Heroica Red Ale, Killer Cucumber, Pale Ale, Kolsch, Tropical Tart Ale and YVR ISA.